Everyday life is the special occasion!

January 03, 2017

December Beauty Buys

 Hair and face need an extra care during winter. These are my favourites from the past month. I hope you'll enjoy them!




 1. I was looking for a  mud mask that refreshed and deep cleaned my skin well without stripping itand the powermud by Glam Glow is super easy to use, as the texture is very soft in the jar and so easy to spread because of the oils inside. It smells nice, almost spa like. I usually apply a thinner layer and find it enough. The mask tingles a tiny bit , it tightens up while it dries and I wash it off after 10-15 minutes . Usually I add some warm water on my face to massage it, providing a mild exfoliation because of some micro particles inside. The dried mud just feels more emollient in contact with water, but the good thing is that it just makes it so easy to take off compared to many other cleasing masks, and it does not strip my skin of its natural oils. Price is steep but a little goes a long way with the products - I find all Glamglow masks last at least 6 months if not longer. 

2.  I had been dying to try dry shampoo because my fine hair doesn't  tolerate daily washes and after having watched a video by Jeanne Damas [one of the latest French  beauty icons] recommending it and I decided to immediately take the plunge. I've found that this one actually adds volume to certain areas of the crown., it helps my hair feel more full and textured and  it helps control some  oil.  You can spray it on your roots to freshen your hairstyle.  Klorane does not irritate my scalp and smells greatly.  The only con is that it isn't  cheap.and it's not completely invisible when sprayed onto the hair, so you have to blend it in When you first spray your hair, you’ll see some powdery residue that is easy to blend in with a hairbrush or a good tousle with fingers. I now have highlights so I buy this version.  I use sparingly, a few short bursts on the roots, and brush. It's best not to overdo it, or to use it several days in a row. It doesn't replace normal shampooing, but can be used many ways between showers.

 3. This is a really nice eye cream, with a delightful mousse-like texture that absorbs quite quickly. It is hydrating and feels good on, but not intensively oily/heavy feeling. It works all day in making my eye skin feel rejuvenated, tighter and brightener.  My eyes are do not have dark circles nor are they puffy, so I can't attest to how it works on those issues.  I love the packaging, the light fragrance, and silky light feeling when applying. The bottle of 15mm lasts a long time, because you do not need to use much at a time. Because the color is a light yellow, it acts as a mini-concealer. On a side note, when you reach the bottom of the container, and the pump no longer brings up the cream, you can pry off the top and put the inside container in a clean medicine jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment